Thursday, October 9, 2008

Novice Blogger

This is my first blog that I've ever created and I am still exploring the usefulness of this Web 2.o technology. I have comment to blogs before for different classes, but have never created one of my own. I'm taking an online education technology class and I hope to learn many uses for this blog during the duration of this class so that I can expand upon that knowledge further after the semester ends.

4 comments:

TStok said...

As you continue to use this blog more often you will find that it is a wonderful way to share your ideas and information with friends, family, and peers. I see that you are a Public Relations student - blogging could be a great tool to use in this field.
In the education world I use blogging with my students on a daily basis. It is useful for getting them to ponder the topics of the day and for fostering discussion, especially with students that are not comfortable speaking up during class.
For me, blogging is cathartic. I enjoy taking the time to get my thoughts out and reading what others have to say about them.

Lacey and Joe said...

Nicholina,
I'm new to blogging, too. In fact, I haven't even read many other blogs prior to our class beginning. I'm still in the stages of discovering possibilities for the use of blogs in my classroom. I teach elementary k-5 music, so it's not the most ideal situation for blogging. Who knows, maybe I'll come up with a clever idea for its use soon. Good luck to you!

Lacey Cupp

Cheryl said...

This is my first go around to blogging as well. I must say I really like the idea. It would be a great way to add those little interesting details into my forensic classes. The only problem that I have encountered is my schools filters. They filter everything, any suggestions.

Mrs. A said...

This is truly an exciting means of communication. I had never read blogs and was not even sure what they were. ( I am still not really sure). It just seems that it is a great way to share ideas and communicate.
I am trying to get my students to subscribe to my blog. They are high school kids and seem to be more clueless than I would have suspected, although some have definitely helped me and I appreciate that.
Good luck with your studies!
I will check out your blog often.